Thursday, August 22, 2013
Blogpost #1
Writing. I have a lot of experience with writing. I have been writing poems, raps, short stories since I was about 6 or 7. Poetry was probably the first form of writing I was introduced to. My mother was a poet so she would work with me and help me build my vocabulary. Some of my other earlier experiences with writing include "writing the dictionary" when my mother put me on punishment. In 5th grade and 8th grade I made a 6 on my writing test (1-6 was the scoring range, with 6 being the advanced) and in 11th grade I made a 265 on my GHSGWT. I also took various Honor English classes as well as AP Language. With that being said, I feel like my writing skills are near excellent, from the eloquent diction and syntax to the overall composition of my writings. My writings grab the audience’s attention. I’ve learned to incorporate antidotes and diversify the languages and vernacular throughout my writings. Make no mistake, I absolutely despise writing. I particularly abhor the actual physical writing part. I do however enjoy the thought process and brainstorming of writing. I also take a delight in seeing my thoughts in a physical state rather than the abstract. Often times though I experience writer's block, and the prompts that I am given greatly contributes to that. Another weakness of mine is that a lot of times I find that my writings aren't long enough and I often find myself rambling on in order to complete the writing assignment. The type of writings I have done include: analytical essays, haikus, Shakespearean sonnets, limericks, short stories, persuasive writings, informative writings, biographies, responsive essays, and letters. I have a love hate relationship with writing. I hate the drafting process and the proofreading of writing but the finished product is love. It can bring great pleasure to see how you can successfully put your thoughts into a physical form while thoroughly conveying those thoughts to your audience. Hopefully this year in English 1101 I can develop the write attitude towards writing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment